Total Pageviews

Monday, December 6, 2010

Out of the mouths of babes

So this was fun. Got up Saturday morning, managed to get two of three of the offspring stuffed into holiday-appropriate garb by 8am (ugh! It's Saturday!) and packed into the Blazebago to truck down to Megopolis to a charity event featuring, of course, Santa. Naturally the middle kid is scared of Santa, so I've got 1of 3 and 3 of 3 (just deal with the geeky Borg reference) trundling down the road on time with not a small amount of Mommy sweat shed.

Now, naturally I have to get lost because my iPhone is an iPain in my iAss and gives me the wrong directions. So, a frantic call to hubby at home with Skeerdy who saves my aforementioned  ass with directions to where I am actually going.

Having arrived on two wheels into the parking lot, we are thankfully on time thanks to my earliness neurosis. I can relax! I foolishly think. We have snacks, we see Santa (kick ass Santa, by the way: if you're local, look into the December 12 Hope's Door Santa thing in Lewisville. He rocked!), I'm feeling like we may escape with few or no emotional scars. Alas, it will not bear out.

Here's the gem, the parenting moments we all cherish. That I will look back on and laaaaauughh..... I am chatting up the CEO of the organization sponsoring the event, networking my brilliant counseling behind off, thinking how it's all going well, talking to her about possibly volunteering for her in the spring. I'm telling her about how I am making some changes professionally in the spring, would she be interested in my being a part of the organization...here's what rolls out of my seven year old son:

"Hi! Yeah, we can't afford the country club any more so my mom's coming home!"

And...scene.


 

No comments: