Total Pageviews

Friday, December 10, 2010

Let nothing you dismay...

Did you know that you can follow the Dalai Lama and Deepak Chopra on Twitter? Me, too, of course, but I digress (it's at Eliskacounce. Follow me! I'm feeling along in the Twittaverse). Weird to think about clerics and monks tweeting. Do they have Blackberries?

At any rate, I love that I can get updates about Miley Cyrus' leather pants and bong usage right alongside words of wisdom from religious figures. The Dalai Lama (and I have to get away from the visual of him in his robe hunched over his IPhone...surely he cusses AT and T too) tweeted yesterday this quote:

"Remember that calmness and compassion are an important part of living a fruitful, positive human life."

Holla, brotha (I'm almost certain I would ssy something different to him in person). I would like to retweet your idea of calm and compassion, particularly for my fellow Collin County citzens during this holiday season. Be CALM when the salespeople appear slow or perhaps lobotomized. Be COMPASSIONATE with the road rager, for he knows not what he does.

Be kind, becuase everyone you meet is fighting a great battle, no matter how much money they do or do not have. Your act will be rewarded in a fruitful and positive life.

No comments: